The Healing Properties of Dead Sea Products
Located 1,200 feet below sea level, the Dead Sea is one of the natural wonders of the world. The very hot and very dry air in this area has created a very high salt concentration over the past millions of years. Your average salt-water lake usually has about three percent salt, whereas the Dead Sea has a concentration of approximately thirty-two percent salt. These minerals have many benefits including some benefits that people have harnessed for beauty products. Dead Sea products sell off the shelves in a very short amount of time and people swear by these items.
Some of the beneficial properties found in Dead Sea products include:
· Magnesium- Dead Sea products tap into magnesium’s ability to accelerate metabolism of cells, which helps the body utilize other nutrients in the Dead Sea products.
· Calcium- Soothing and also strengthens cell membranes.
· Bromide- Very healing, and relaxing to the skin. It is also an anti-inflammatory and natural antibiotic.
· Chloride- Used in many Dead Sea products for its ability to balance minerals in skin cells.
· Zinc- Promotes cell growth when used on a topical level in Dead Sea products. Also stimulates the production of collagen which helps renew the skin. Also helps block harmful UV rays.
· Potassium- Increases oxygen production at a surface level. Dead Sea products harness this to help heal the skin while promoting new cellular growth. Also soothing for very dry skin or skin rashes.
For many years, people have been heading to the Dead Sea to reap the benefits of its high mineral concentration. Now, that same process can be used to make Dead Sea products. From the comfort of your very own home, you can improve the way that your skin looks and feels.